Tuesday, April 14, 2015

National Poetry Month Day #12: I Hate Ken Jennings

I Hate Ken Jennings

Ken Jennings: Hate his guts!
There's no way you can stop me.
I hate it when I hear his name
There's no way this could not be!

Ken Jennings: What a putz!
I mean it! This is personal!
I don't resent his brains or style,
But still: Ken Jennings? Cursable!

Ken Jennings: Standing there
With insults I regale you!
I want to shave your sandy hair
And black your eyes of pale blue!

You spent four months on Jeopardy
That's almost eighty shows.
And every time I'd see you,
I'd want to break your nose!

Contestants vie behind the scenes
To get a place on Jeopardy
There's a wait list, and, when Ken was on,
The fifth name down was me.

The wait list has a use-by date
And yes, you must have guessed it
My time came up while Ken was on,
And up was how Ken messed it.

Ken Jennings: Watch your step
And never cross my path.
I got all your answers right
And you earned...do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment